Re: Resignations - the aftermath a personal opinion

  • Mike Bootman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 11:18 AM
      Is there anything to read into the fact that John Evans has by his
      own recent posting to the Guild Forum resigned from the Events
      Committee but has subsequently posted the rules for the Diorama
      competition next Guildex on the GOG website (see News)???

      Mike Bootman

      --- In Gauge0@yahoogroups.com, "kevin pearson" <heathcote99@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Ian
      >
      > I think any `new' Board who would submit to what is, in effect,
      > blackmail by any individual who threatens to resign unless their
      > demands are met are on to a hiding to nothing.
      >
      > If a member theatens such a thing then their resignation should be
      > accepted without any hesitation because they obviously don't have
      > much in the way of morals and are obviously working for their own
      > personal benefit as opposed to the greater good of the Guild.
      >
      > If such threats are made the `new' board may feel they have no
      > other choice because they feel they don't have the relative
      > expertise available for a particular job but if only they'd ask
      > around I'm sure they'd soon find all the help they needed without
      > the need to resort to accepting unreasonable demands from any
      > individual/s.
      >
      > As things stand, if the `new' board are seen to give in then they
      > themselves will be seen to be weak and ineffectual, and will lose a
      > lot of the initial goodwll and support that members (old and new)
      > might have been willing to give.
      >
      > On another matter, have any of the overseas members found a UK
      > based person yet, willing to put themselves forward for election?
      >
      > Kevin
    • John y Christine Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:06 PM
        Mike,

        I know John Evans offered to continue in a non-executive capacity until after Telford and I believe this offer was accepted by the current board.

        Jas (Spain)

        wrote:

        > Hi Ian
        >
        > I think any `new' Board who would submit to what is, in effect,
        > blackmail by any individual who threatens to resign unless their
        > demands are met are on to a hiding to nothing.
        >
        > If a member theatens such a thing then their resignation should be
        > accepted without any hesitation because they obviously don't have
        > much in the way of morals and are obviously working for their own
        > personal benefit as opposed to the greater good of the Guild.
        >
        > If such threats are made the `new' board may feel they have no
        > other choice because they feel they don't have the relative
        > expertise available for a particular job but if only they'd ask
        > around I'm sure they'd soon find all the help they needed without
        > the need to resort to accepting unreasonable demands from any
        > individual/s.
        >
        > As things stand, if the `new' board are seen to give in then they
        > themselves will be seen to be weak and ineffectual, and will lose a
        > lot of the initial goodwll and support that members (old and new)
        > might have been willing to give.
        >
        > On another matter, have any of the overseas members found a UK
        > based person yet, willing to put themselves forward for election?
        >
        > Kevin

      • John Birch
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 12:08 PM
          I asked John for the Diorama rules for the website, I credited John with the message as the show organiser.

          John has agreed to see through the Halifax and Telford shows before stepping back.

          Regards

          John Birch