11178RE: [Gauge0] G0G AGM

  • Ian Kirk
    Sep 7, 2010
      Hi,

      Trevor is pretty well correct. Earlier there was also the Gauge O Guild group which if I remember correctly was owned by Dan Gladding. During the "troubles" people posted opinions here which the then management disapproved of and because it could have been mistaken for an official part of the Guild demanded it's closure. Some of the individuals involved knew so little about electronic communication that they were recorded as suggesting that "Guild members should be forbidden from using e groups". This group was started as being Gauge O but without Guild in the title.

      I use the Forum on the Guild website when appropriate but find it more awkward to use. You have to sign in with membership number and password to access the forum then sign in again with another password before you can contribute. Some people have asked me why I post to this group. As well as having Guild members on it it is the group of former members. I have fond hopes that if we get some realistic reforms some of them might re-join and postings to this group are a way of keeping them up to date with progress or the lack of it.

      best wishes,

      Ian