11177RE: [Gauge0] G0G AGM

  • Trevor Shaw
    Sep 7, 2010
      If memory serves me right (and sometimes these days it doesn't) John's
      version of things is correct but incomplete.

      This group, Gauge0, was indeed the first to be set up. It was originally
      intended to be for discussion of all matters relating to 0 gauge railway
      modelling. Shortly after the establishment of the Gauge0 group the Guild was
      apparently going through a bad patch politically -- resignation of Guild
      Events Committee en masse, setting up of ALSRM, etc. The Gauge0 forum was
      hi-jacked by people who wished to discuss Guild politics. Others, who wished
      to discuss railway modelling became tired or pressing the delete key and a
      new 7mm group was set up by an American lady known as Zoe. The 7mm group did
      not allow discussion of Guild politics and I believe it still does not
      although it since has new owners and moderators.

      The 7mm group thrived and still does. The Gauge0 group rather withered
      because those interested in modelling posted on the 7mm group and ignored
      the Gauge0 group, whilst interest in Guild politics waned once the Guild
      board began to listen to the members.

      All of this happened before the official Guild forum was set up, just as
      John says.

      Trevor.