11161Re: [Gauge0] Votes at the AGM

  • Jim Snowdon
    Aug 22, 2010
      Ian,

      I, for one, did take your plea to heart and send in my proxy votes.

      One thing I do not like, at least in its present form, is being asked to vote on vice-presidents and orders of merit, in particular, for people without any information as to why they should be considered at all. What have they done for the scale to merit such appointment?

      Equally, I feel that it would be a step forward if, when the nominations are put forward to the membership, they were accompanied by brief details of who each person is. It has become normal practice in many other institutions and goes some way to avoiding the old guard voting for their brethren; I suspect that there are a good many in the Guild, particularly those who have not been life-long members with low 4-digit membership numbers, who have little if any idea who these people are.

      Regards,

      Jim