Re: [Garmin_GPSmap_76C] Knowing which maps are loaded..

  • Reg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22 9:50 AM
      > Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:
      >
      > "annoyedone" annoyedone

      > In my opinion MapSource is far superior for dealing with maps (it will
      > read a list of maps from a device) but what you use is up to you.

      You are supported by Garmin tech supp at Southampton with your opinion.

      A few months ago, I bought a Montana 650t, to replace my 76CSx when it
      fails. I also bought another DVD of CN Europe to install on the 650t.

      I was able to get all the tiles to display in MapSource and BaseCamp,
      but was unable to get the maps to work on the 650t.

      To know what to do, tech supp asked me to run MS and advise on what MS
      displayed, he emphasised I must use MS and not BC as it did not
      provide the necessary information.

      Incidentally the problem was solved by receiving in an e-mail a couple
      of registration files, that BC could not produce. Unfortunately the
      650t is limited in it's ability to communicate with MS, requiring BC.
      But BC could not produce the required two files.

      Reg