[76CSx] How to disable the altimeter?

  • Myname
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
      Hi,

      Reading the manual one can find the description how to switch off the compass. But what about the altimeter? Is it possible to disable it, too, and use the GPS altitude value?

      Thanks in advance for your advice.

      Best regards

      pudu51
    • annoyedone
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2012
        --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "Myname" <pudu1@...> wrote:

        > But what about the altimeter? Is it possible to disable it, too...

        No it is not.

        > ...and use the GPS altitude value?

        You can use the GPS elevation when logging tracks.

        Can I get my CSx model to log GPS altitude in tracks?

        You can also see it from the Satellite page.

        http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/12038144/sn/75751675/name/n_a