Can't read Russian language on my 76CSx

  • bopeltzman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
      I bought a map of Russia (City Navigator NT) and plugged it into my device but when I get down to the street level, I get some Garmin default language that looks like a bunch of AAAAAEEEEEIIIII etc.

      Anyone know how to get the City Navigator NT map to display in Russian instead of that dialectic(sp) language?

      Maybe it's just not compatible?

      I called Garmin and they didn't have any solution. They said they would have a supervisor call me if they could figure it out. I guess they couldn't because no one ever called.

      Thanks,
      Bob P
    • Amir Findling
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011

        Use Garmins webupdater to download the Russian alphabet. It is the second step after the firmware update, which you can skip, if you don't want it.

        Amir K9CHP from my Verizon Droid Incredible

        On Jul 2, 2011 8:43 PM, "bopeltzman" <bopeltzman@...> wrote:
        > I bought a map of Russia (City Navigator NT) and plugged it into my device but when I get down to the street level, I get some Garmin default language that looks like a bunch of AAAAAEEEEEIIIII etc.
        >
        > Anyone know how to get the City Navigator NT map to display in Russian instead of that dialectic(sp) language?
        >
        > Maybe it's just not compatible?
        >
        > I called Garmin and they didn't have any solution. They said they would have a supervisor call me if they could figure it out. I guess they couldn't because no one ever called.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bob P

      • annoyedone
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
          --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, Amir Findling <sarlabs@...> wrote:

          > Use Garmins webupdater to download the Russian alphabet.

          Um, the 76C models don't accept languages etc. Are you thinking of Garmin's nuvi models?
        • annoyedone
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2011
            --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "bopeltzman" <bopeltzman@...> wrote:

            > Maybe it's just not compatible?

            My 76CSx, with the latest firmware (v4.00), only supports 4 "text languages": English, French, Spanish and Portugese. Since the 76Cx models are now obsolete I doubt that the firmware will ever be updated to support the Cyrillic alphabet.
          • Amir K9CHP
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2011
              With a Russian map, I thought that maybe we are not dealing with the now very obsolete 76c/60c series. I believe my way might work with the 60csx and definitely will with the Oregon, 62s, and Nuvis.

              Sent from my iPod
              Amir K9CHP