Calendar notes?

  • werdigo49
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
      Here's a simple (I presume!) question from a rank beginner: How do I enter notes into my 76CSx calendar? I know how to do it on my old eTrex Legend, but the 76 has me puzzled. The Owner's Manual is of no help.
    • annoyedone
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
        --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "werdigo49" <werdigo49@...> wrote:

        > How do I enter notes into my 76CSx calendar?

        You can't.

        When you make a waypoint in the unit the comment for it is set to the date/time of creation. It then shows up in the calendar but it can't be edited from there. I'm not sure what the point is but that's what Garmin implemented.
      • werdigo49
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
          Thanks. Not the answer I'd hoped for, but it will save me from continuing to hunt through the various buttons and menus! This does seem like an unfortunate retrogression from my little eTrex Legend's calendar capability.