Mapsource crash - can you humour me...

  • Nick W
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      I've got an ongoing Garmin App Support item where the following happens, and I wonder if a few people will humour me and see if they can recreate...

      The following is the email I've sent to support...

      "It happens with every single GPX file I've downloaded from GPS, of which I have about 600 of differing sizes - I used to have a 60CSx, which I lost ! and I replaced it with a 76CSx - and it's done it every time I do the following with any GPX file I care to select.

      Open a file in Mapsource that has several bits of track, select all by Ctrl+A then join using Ctrl+J, - whilst checking the sequence for you, I've just discovered something else !

      If I highlight a single track point before opening the Track Properties then join the track using Ctrl+J which then shows me on the main Mapsource window that there to be just one track, then open this new track to view the Track Properties, all I can see is the single track point that I had originally selected, if I select a multi point one then it shows me just those points rather than all of the track points, yet if I Ctrl+D to show the whole of the new track on the map and THEN Ctrl+D I can see ALL of the track points within the newly combined track...

      Now back to the original problem - which I guess has something to do with the above...

      If I now try to double click one of the track points within the Properties window, Mapsource crashes.

      If I first Save the newly combined track, close Mapsource fully, then reopen the track, all works as it should do... I can view the individual trackpoints within the Properties window...

      If that doesn't work for you I'll quite happily send you some of my GPX files to do this with..."

      If any/everyone else gets the same I can tell Garmin under my Case number... and we may well get a fix...

      Nick in North Yorkshire