Re: Triangle not pointing in direction of travel

  • syme_ampleforth
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 5, 2010
      I had the opposite issue. I was at Georgetown Univ. & late to meet someone. I needed to go SE. I had the flux compass off; I gave up on years ago since it needs recals so often & eats batteries.

      The BLEEPING compass rose kept telling me I was headed west. No matter which way I walked, it said west.

      I finally noticed the triangle WAS correct and the map tracks good, but not the compass rose.

      I ended up being late....

      Since then, it's been fine. I suspect I'd tripped the anxiety detector in it, as I panicked.