MapSource v6.15.11 available

  • annoyedone
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2010
      Get it here

      http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

      Changes made from version 6.15.7 to 6.15.11:

      * Improved performance for custom draw elements.
      * Made sure waypoints of type 'Geotagged Photo' don't crash MapSource.
      * Allowed the import and export of unlock codes.
      * Made sure unlocking changes get propagated without needing to restart the application.
      * Phone numbers that were imported from gpx files were not written back out again. This is now fixed.
      * Added support for enhanced map security.
      * Fixed unlocking issue.
      * Implemented Asian 6-level address search.
      * Improved trimming performance for some Asian map products.
    • karen_ozau
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
        --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "annoyedone" <annoyedone@...> wrote:

        > Get it here
        >
        > http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209
        >
        > Changes made from version 6.15.7 to 6.15.11:
        >
        > * Improved performance for custom draw elements.
        > * Made sure waypoints of type 'Geotagged Photo' don't crash MapSource.
        > * Allowed the import and export of unlock codes.
        > * Made sure unlocking changes get propagated without needing to restart the application.
        > * Phone numbers that were imported from gpx files were not written back out again. This is now fixed.
        > * Added support for enhanced map security.
        > * Fixed unlocking issue.
        > * Implemented Asian 6-level address search.
        > * Improved trimming performance for some Asian map products.

        Does this still have the unlocking issues reported with 6.15.09? I have a lockable topo map for Australia that I really don't want to lose access to!

        Karen :)
      • annoyedone
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2010
          --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "karen_ozau" <kareng@...> wrote:

          > Does this still have the unlocking issues reported with 6.15.09? I
          > have a lockable topo map for Australia that I really don't want to
          > lose access to!

          If it's the Garmin Oz Topo I can tell you for a fact that you won't have an problem.
        • karen_ozau
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
            --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "annoyedone" <annoyedone@...> wrote:

            > --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "karen_ozau" <kareng@> wrote:
            >
            > > Does this still have the unlocking issues reported with 6.15.09? I
            > > have a lockable topo map for Australia that I really don't want to
            > > lose access to!
            >
            > If it's the Garmin Oz Topo I can tell you for a fact that you won't have an problem.

            It's Topo Plus 5metre, sold by Johnny Appleseed specifically for Garmin units
          • annoyedone
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2010
              --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "karen_ozau" <kareng@...> wrote:

              > It's Topo Plus 5metre, sold by Johnny Appleseed specifically for
              > Garmin units

              In that case locate the MapSource.exe file and make a backup of it. Then install 6.15.11. If you can't access the Oz Topo just copy the backed up MapSource.exe file back.
            • karen_ozau
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "annoyedone" <annoyedone@...> wrote:

                > --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "karen_ozau" <kareng@> wrote:
                >
                > > It's Topo Plus 5metre, sold by Johnny Appleseed specifically for
                > > Garmin units
                >
                > In that case locate the MapSource.exe file and make a backup of it. Then install 6.15.11. If you can't access the Oz Topo just copy the backed up MapSource.exe file back.

                OK, I'm the guinea pig then.

                Done, Topo Plus does still work, using 6.15.11, no problems observed. But I'll keep the previous version 6.15.7 just in case issues pop up down the track :)

                Karen
              • Michael
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                  The OzTopo website states:
                  DO NOT UPGRADE to this version if you are using OZtopo.

                  Garmin in their wisdom have changed the unlock code algorithms (deliberately??) to stop third party maps to be unlocked and used with this version.

                  We are pursuing a solution as quickly as possible.

                  If you do happen to load V6.15.11 and want to downgrade to V6.15.7 please download from : http://gawisp.com/perry/mapsource/MapSource_6157.exe

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                    Is your 'fact' based on personal testing, or an opinion from someone else?
                    I have upgraded to 6.15.11 on my Win7 PC & it works fine.
                    However I have kept 6.15.7 my XP PC & laptop.

                    regards Michael

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <m_p_sutton@...> wrote:

                      > Is your 'fact' based on personal testing, or an opinion from
                      > someone else?

                      Personal observation. I own a copy of Garmin's TOPO Australia v2.

                      https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=32727&pvID=34035
                    • Michael
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                        Ahhh! a different product from OzTopo.
                        Important not to confuse the two.
                        I think it best to stick with the advice from Brian on the OzTopo website.

                        regards Michael

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 5, 2010
                          OzTopo:
                          http://www.oztopo.com/
                          My feeling is that it better than the Garmin TOPO Australia.
                          A healthy range of opinion has been posted on the gpsaustralia.net web forum.
                          Also worth noting that the free 'Shonky Maps' work in the new 6.15.11.
                          Shonky has great topo detail for the Aust bush & mountain country, just does not have the street detail in towns that OzTopo & Topo Aust have.

                          regards Michael