Fading Away with V3.90

  • sporttire2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2009
      Just a quick update - I began to see this "fading" problem when selecting a route - during calculation or recalculation the unit would simply fade away and turn off. I would like to add that when turned back on, it completed calculation and began to give me routing information. I went back and read the posts on this subject, and forced a reload of V3.90 using WebUpdater.

      Now it routes without fading away, but it did that before, then started exhibiting the problem. I do not have an answer. Intermittents can drive you crazy, I am too busy going places to thoroughly troubleshoot. Garmin has a problem.

      New subject: Maybe it is time to begin a serious letter writing campaign to Garmin about only offering maps on SD cards. Frankly, I can make maps just as good as they can, so they had best be very careful about this policy. I will buy them if they are good and reasonably priced, but when they make them so that they are no longer useful from a GIS standpoint, I will try another brand of instrument.

      Mark