Mapsource 6.15.3 crashes

  • kenrf48
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2009
      Using Mapsource 6.15.3 and US TOPO, I mark a round either using the
      route tool or just connecting 2 way points. Then, I select the route
      and click PROFILE. Crashes Mapsource every time. Doesn't matter how
      simple or complicated the route is.

      It did not this until I did the upgrade.

      Ken
    • Nick W
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2009
        I haven't upgraded for lots of reasons and this just adds another...

        6..13.7 crashes if you join some tracks you've downloaded off the GPS then open that single track, click the 'center map on selected item(s)' then try to view any parts of the track - sometimes there's no points of the track to view...

        I do wish Garmin would get their act togerher :(

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "kenrf48" <kenrf48@...> wrote:

          > Using Mapsource 6.15.3 ...

          You do know the latest is 6.15.4 right?
        • annoyedone
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, Nick W <nickw7coc@...> wrote:

            > I haven't upgraded for lots of reasons and this just adds another...

            I use 6.15.4 day to day but keep 6.13.7 as well in case of an issues.

            All you need to do is copy MapSource.exe, rename it (e.g. to
            MapSource_6137.exe), and create a shortcut for it.
          • annoyedone
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
              --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "kenrf48" <kenrf48@...> wrote:

              > Using Mapsource 6.15.3 and US TOPO... Crashes Mapsource every time.

              I just tried this in MapSource 6.15.4 and Topo US 2008 (not the older
              version) and it works fine (no crash). I'll try it in US Topo (the old
              version) when I get a chance.
            • annoyedone
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "annoyedone"
                <annoyedone@...> wrote:

                > I'll try it in US Topo (the old version) when I get a chance.

                No problem with it either in 6.15.4 (tried West & East maps).
              • kenrf48
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
                  Just downloaded 6.15.3 last week and didn't noticed that the had
                  another patch already. Guess I need to get that one now. Sure wish I
                  had Broadband. But, then again, I don't wish I lived in the city.
                  Dialup and country life is just fine.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
                    --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "kenrf48" <kenrf48@...> wrote:

                    > Just downloaded 6.15.3 last week and didn't noticed that the had
                    > another patch already.

                    If you visit this groups home page at

                    you'll see a link to the latest version. For whatever reason Garmin's
                    site still says 6.15.3 is the current release. I try to keep the group
                    links up to date (within a day or two).
                  • Mark A Sikes
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
                      Well, I just did a google of "garmin mapsource download" (no quotes) and the
                      first link I got was:

                      http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

                      And garmin shows 6.15.4 as the current.

                      I don't do this very often, so it's great to have a ygroup to get the
                      notifications, though...

                      _____

                      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_ <mailto:Garmin_GPSmap_76C%40yahoogroups.com>
                      76C@yahoogroups.com, "kenrf48" <kenrf48@...> wrote:

                      > Just downloaded 6.15.3 last week and didn't noticed that the had
                      > another patch already.

                      If you visit this groups home page at

                      yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSmap_76C