Sharing POIs and Waypoints

  • fjwilson@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      I have a lot of custom POIs in comma delimited files and some in gpx
      files. The reason I have both is that I created some by creating
      waypoints at POIs in Garmin maps, and I created others using data that
      I had in spreadsheets.

      I want to share these POIs with others. Can someone give me
      information about what other Garmin devices they can be used with and
      what non-Garmin devices they can be used with?

      Thanks.
    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        Depending on the shape of the CSV, many tools can read those.

        GPSBabel can can convert GPX and most CSV to many hundreds of formats and
        GPS receivers. GPX itself is supported by over 60 programs, IIRC, so it's
        a good choice for interchange.

        RJL