Re: [Garmin_GPSmap_76C] ConvertRoute--make invisible route via's visible

  • W. Strikkers
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      I've downloaded the program, but what I don't understand how is what (how) I have to type in the right command in. I've installed the program Open Watcom and there is the command prompt c:\watcom, but there comes the problem.

      Thanks,

      Walter
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "W. Strikkers"
        <jwhmstrikkers@t...> wrote:

        > I've downloaded the program...

        Walter, you only need Open Watcom if you want to alter the program
        (i.e. you're a programmer). I explained how to use the ConvertRoute
        in this message
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSmap_76C/message/807

        As it stands the program is very basic and has no error checking. I'm
        working on a version that'll be a bit more polished but I haven't
        completed it yet.

        If you want a file converted and can't figure it out yourself just
        upload your GDB file to the

        Files/Test

        area and and I'll convert it when I get a chance. I'll try and get
        around to making some example files so people can view the usefulness
        of the program before trying in on their file(s).
      • W. Strikkers
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
          Thanks,

          I'm not a programmer, that's the reason why I couldn't change my route.

          Walter

          Walter, you only need Open Watcom if you want to alter the program
          (i.e. you're a programmer). I explained how to use the ConvertRoute
          in this message
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Garmin_GPSmap_76C/message/807

          As it stands the program is very basic and has no error checking. I'm
          working on a version that'll be a bit more polished but I haven't
          completed it yet.

          If you want a file converted and can't figure it out yourself just
          upload your GDB file to the

          Files/Test

          area and and I'll convert it when I get a chance. I'll try and get
          around to making some example files so people can view the usefulness
          of the program before trying in on their file(s).

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • annoyedone@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
            <jwhmstrikkers@t...> wrote:

            > I'm not a programmer, that's the reason why I couldn't change my
            > route.

            Walter, you don't need to be a programmer. I included ConvertRoute.exe
            in the ZIP file in Files/Software. Just unzip that archive and use
            the ConvertRoute.exe program.

            I'd upload a screen capture for you but Yahoo is having difficulties
            with the Photos section right now and I can't.
          • W. Strikkers
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
              I downloaded the zip file, but there is no convertroute.exe program, just convert (31kb). Did I do something wrong?

              thanks,

              Walter