Re: POI Loader does not like 76CS

  • syme_ampleforth
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lipe"

      > Product compatibility in the lower right corner of
      > http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/
      > doesn't say that the 76CS *is* supported.

      Thanks; I never even saw that there. Why doesn't the POI loader just
      SAY it does not support the unit it's connected to?
    • syme_ampleforth
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 11, 2008
        So here's my workaround..

        A) The ATM site http://allpointnetwork.com gives me a broad choice of
        formats. [Someone must be offering a package that does this -- Bravo!]

        B) I tried to import their GPX into Roadtrip, but it balked on a error.

        C) Ditto GPS_Babel.

        D) So I used a different format, KML, from the website and had
        GPS_Babel output GPX that Roadtrip will load; then pushed that to my 76CS.

        I've reported the error to the AT site admin; who sounded interested
        in getting it fixed.

        One question: Is there a way to manage a set of POI's? I.e. show/hide
        them? If so, I'd load up a bunch of ATM locations for future use....
      • Robert Lipe
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2008
          On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:39 PM, syme_ampleforth <syme_ampleforth@...
          > wrote:

          > So here's my workaround..
          >
          > A) The ATM site http://allpointnetwork.com gives me a broad choice of
          > formats. [Someone must be offering a package that does this -- Bravo!]
          >
          > B) I tried to import their GPX into Roadtrip, but it balked on a error.
          >
          > C) Ditto GPS_Babel.

          That's a pretty good sign their GPX is broken. Send their guy to me if he
          disagrees or wants to know why GPSBabel doesn't like the GPX.

          > D) So I used a different format, KML, from the website and had
          > GPS_Babel output GPX that Roadtrip will load; then pushed that to my 76CS.

          GPSBabel could have sent them straight to your 76CS, via USB or serial.

        • syme_ampleforth
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2008
            <robertlipe@...> wrote:

            > Send their guy to me if he
            > disagrees or wants to know why GPSBabel doesn't like the GPX.

            Did so...

            > GPSBabel could have sent them straight to your 76CS, via USB or serial.

            True, but I wanted to see what was going on.

            One thing I've not grokked is how to attach their logo bmp to their
            POI's; or how to specify just their ATM's, no one else's...