Re: Broken screen on 76Cx

  • Jim Lokken
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, Len G Carpenter <Len.C@...>
      wrote:
      > Seems I have the older 76CSx with the older style battery contacts,
      well
      > yesterday I put in new batteries and when I got out to the van the unit
      > wouldn't turn on, ran back in the house and crabbed some more batteries
      > and as I was driving down the street I put in the new ones and WAIT
      this
      > one is loose. Well seems I broke a battery contact on the bottom
      > battery. And this after I stopped using the longer batteries in it
      > almost 2 years ago. I will be totally peed off if they tell me its
      > going to cost me 125 bucks to fix a design problem.

      I returned a 76cs to Garmin after 2 or more years because of
      intermittent contact problems with the battery. They replaced it for
      no charge. I would think you will have no problem. Due to the
      lateness of my post, you've probably already received one a discovered
      that. I did have to write back for an unlock code since I forgot to
      mention that originally. They responded to that a day later with no
      problems either.