Re: Garmin POI Loader 2.5.1 (Windows)

  • Isa
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 12:05 AM
      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "annoyedone" <annoyedone@...>
      wrote:
      > Garmin hasn't updated their POI Loader page link yet but its available
      > here.
      > http://www8.garmin.com/software/POILoaderforWindows_251.exe

      Perhaps it isn't updated for a reason, like, it crashes.

      if you need to re-install the old one, like I do, here is the link:
      POI Loader for Windows Ver. 2.4.2 as of Feb 28, 2008
      http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=927
    • Len G Carpenter
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1 6:31 AM
        Actually they have done this in the past, put up the link without
        updating the info on the page.

        I think the reason for this is that there are enough people out there
        that keep an eye on certain things and when there is an update they grab
        it and these people no become beta testers. They know that if there is
        a problem people will let them know and since the link is not on the
        page anymore, though it still works if you have it they have gotten the
        feedback from US beta testers that they needed.