Re: How can I delete lots of waypoints at once?

  • Nev Haskett
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
      I wonder what the possible reason was why they they haven't enabled you
      to be able to delete and individual waypoint??

      Nev

      > And another option is to download the waypoints to a new MapSource
      instance
      > on your computer, delete all the ones you don't want on the PC,
      delete all
      > the waypoints on the GPS and send the remaining waypoints from
      MapSource
      > back to the GPS.

      > I have about 700 waypoints that are geocaches in my GPSmap 76cs. Is
      there a
      > way to delete them all at one time? Thanks

    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
        On 6/2/07, Nev Haskett <dingododger@...> wrote:

        > I wonder what the possible reason was why they they haven't enabled you
        > to be able to delete and individual waypoint??

        You can delete them individually, by icon, or all at once. It's actually
        pretty
        nice.
        http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries/g60cx/waypoints.html#bulkdelete

        Contrast this to, say, the C3x0 family where the only option to delete > 1
        waypoint
        at a time is a master reset...

      • Len G. Carpenter
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
          I don't see any reason why it can't be done.

          hit find then waypoint or geocache pick one and you can go to or look at
          the map or delete it.

          at least on my 76CSx you can.

          --

          Bumper sticker of the year: If you can read this, thank a
          teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."

        • Nev Haskett
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2007
            Yes but I have quite a few with the same icon and
            as far as I can see, on the 76CS, all points with
            the same icon will be deleted.
            Nev

            > You can delete them individually, by icon, or all at once. It's
            actually
            > pretty
            > nice.
          • David Levine
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
              When you select an individual waypoint, you have an option to go to it, show
              it on a map or delete it.

              Referencing the Owners Manual at
              http://www.garmin.com/manuals/GPSMAP76CS_OwnersManual.pdf see pages 28 & 29.
              You use the Find feature and select the waypoint and then click the Delete
              button.

              David

              Yes but I have quite a few with the same icon and as far as I can see, on
              the 76CS, all points with the same icon will be deleted.
              Nev

              > You can delete them individually, by icon, or all at once. It's
              actually
              > pretty
              > nice.
            • Nev Haskett