Skip to search.

Re: another routing issue

  • MisterShooter
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
      --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "syme_ampleforth"
      <syme_ampleforth@...> wrote:

      > I was on Cedar Rd, South Euclid OH (@Green) the other day, and told my
      > box to go to the waypoint I had put at the Univ. Circle Red Line
      > station. That is, straight west along Cedar, but the 76CS refused to
      > use Cedar, period. It took every possible evasion to avoid the road.
      >
      > I was set with the usual Car mode etc in routing but you'd think Cedar
      > had cooties as far the 76 was concerned.
      >
      > Any guesses why that was?

      The same thing happened to me here in Canada.
      The unit simply refused to use Lawrence Avenue.
      The unit wouldn't route properly but everything else seemed OK.
      The unit also routed by street number instead of street name.

      I figured out that the unit wasn't using the loaded maps but had
      reverted to using the unit's base map even though the loaded maps were
      showing.

      I had recently updated the unit software in the unit using Garmin's
      WebUpdater. (I have a GPSMAP76C)

      To successfully resolve the problem I reloaded all of my maps and
      waypoints.

      Everything is OK now.

      Good Luck.

      Ray