Help: How to zero the default waypoint name (number)?

  • Eddie Reddish
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      I have a 76csx. When I hold down the ENTER button to MARK my location
      as a waypoint a default waypoint name appears in the form of a number,
      eg 067. When I have no further use for that waypoint (eg 067) I
      delete it from the gps. But if I later MARK another location the
      default name that automatically appears is 068, i.e. the number
      increases by 1 for every consecutive MARKing, even though all the
      previous waypoint names (001 to 067) are no longer stored in the gps.
      This is annoying. How can the name be zeroed?
    • Eddie Reddish
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        I have solved my own problem. For those of you who may also have
        pondered on this. What you do is MARK another waypoint and before
        selecting OK go back and change the name (actually a 3 didgit number)
        to 001 and then press OK. At the next MARKING the default number will
        be 002 and it will increment from there.
        Eddie

        --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "Eddie Reddish"