West Marine 76CS Plus

  • Mike Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      I stopped by the nearest West Marine today.. I talked to the guy on the floor
      who seemed like the biggest gps geek (Next to me, of course), and he looked up
      the 76CS plus on the computer.. The nearest store with one was in Palm Beach
      (Ha, forget it!) so he punched a few buttons and said "I just had one sent here,
      should be here wednesday".. Kewl :-)

      Mike
    • David Munson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        Mine arrived today. Screen is really dark. Yes I brightened it.

        David L. Munson

        FineArtLight LLC

        1236 Wood Station Place

        Manchester, Missouri 63021

        314-369-3913

        www.FineArtLight.com

        David.Munson@...

        _____

        I stopped by the nearest West Marine today.. I talked to the guy on the
        floor
        who seemed like the biggest gps geek (Next to me, of course), and he looked
        up
        the 76CS plus on the computer.. The nearest store with one was in Palm Beach

        (Ha, forget it!) so he punched a few buttons and said "I just had one sent
        here,
        should be here wednesday".. Kewl :-)

        Mike

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • roybassist
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In Garmin_GPSmap_76C@yahoogroups.com, "David Munson"
          <david.munson@f...> wrote:

          > Mine arrived today. Screen is really dark.

          Were you outside in bright sunlight? With the regular 76C(S) this is
          best condition for viewing. Indoors they do tend to be dark.

          >Yes I brightened it.

          Really? How? Are you talking about the backlight, or does it have
          some other adjustment?
        • annoyedone
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            <david.munson@f...> wrote:

            > Mine arrived today.

            Did it come with a Garmin manual or a customized one? Garmin allows
            you to download their manuals in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) form. I'm
            guessing the 76CS Plus manual isn't available in PDF form. However if
            you find it please post the URL and/or file so the rest of us can take
            a peek ;-)
          • David Munson
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
              It is overcast and seems better outside. Inside in a dark room is also
              better than bright office.

              David L. Munson

              FineArtLight LLC

              1236 Wood Station Place

              Manchester, Missouri 63021

              314-369-3913

              www.FineArtLight.com

              David.Munson@...

              _____

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
                Manual is West Marine exclusive version, Quick reference is labeled
                Garmin "76CS Plus"

                David L. Munson

                FineArtLight LLC

                1236 Wood Station Place