Need some recommendations

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2012
      Hi guys,
      I am purchasing an Experimental aircraft and completing it via the 51% rule. I am a Sport Pilot and will only be flying VFR.
      The manufacturer is using the panel mounted Icom A210 radio, Grand Rapids Technology EIS and Garmin 196. I was curious what some of you would prefer to upgrade this package, especially the 196. Also, I see where Garmin is discontinuing their GPSMAP 296, 396 and 496 if I read that correctly on their web site. That concerns me too.
      Would the 296 or 396 be attractive upgrades that you would consider?
      Thank you for any help you guys may offer.
      Dan