Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] Re: Using Maps and hardware from 60CS with 60 CSx?

  • GSV3Miac
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2011
      On 03/03/2011 13:02, rjnava wrote:

      I've had the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS for several months now and I have found only one problem:

      Under moderate jarring, like when jogging, the memory chip under the battery gets dislodged and the GPS stops working.

      Short of using superglue, any suggestions on locking the chip in place?

      Have you slid the (not very obvious) clip ALL the way into place? (down, until it 'clicks').

      --
      GSV   Three Minds in a Can
      17,270 Km walked. 3,056 Km PROWs surveyed. 55.2% complete.

    • rjnava
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2011
        Thank you for your suggestion. I looked and at first could not make it "click". Then I noticed a "lock" sign with an arrow towards the bottom of the GPS. Sure enough, the cover SLIDES like you said and then locks.

        You're making me think that even though I owned a MapGPS60CS for years before getting this MapGPSCSx, I may have to read the instruction book! :-)

        Thanks again.