Re: USB dust cover difficulty...

  • Nick W
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2010
      Sorry about the delay in commenting I've been very busy !

      The suggestions I received ranged from "remove and store it" - it's there to keep dust and rubbish out of the USB connector which isn't the most secure thing at the best of times, "use talc or graphite powder" and a few more - I don't like the idea of graphite powder, as someone else commented "graphite is an electrical conductor", - "buy a Swiss army knife and use the tweezers" - this started off a discussion about people wanting a GPSR in a Swiss army knife :)

      I've taken a leaf out of a direct reply that didn't come to the groups... unfortunately I deleted the email so can't thank the person :(

      I have removed the screw that holds the cover and wound a small piece of dental floss round it under the cover, and replaced the screw and cover leaving a short end of the floss out near where you're supposed to use your finger nail... and this works a treat :)

      Nick