Finding the average

  • Wes Mahoney
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010

      Can someone tell me how to find the average location of my position on a 60cx?
    • roybassist
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2010
        No idea what's up with the unit, but I think the reason you can't download files from your card to MapSource is that the only data recorded by your unit on the card is track logs and they are in .gpx format. MapSource will open them, but I believe it won't import them using the "Receive From Device" dialog.

        There will not be any waypoints in those files. Waypoints are recorded only in the unit's internal memory.

        I suppose you have already tried connecting the unit to a USB cable and downloading to MapSource directly from the unit? I guess it doesn't respond?
      • clay_tiller
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
          Mine is a year and a half old, so they probably won't be so generous with me. But I will try.

          Don

          --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, newsperryman newsperryman <newsperryman@...> wrote:

          > On 18 September 2010 23:41, clay_tiller <dnjgalloway@...> wrote:
          > > All of a sudden, my 60CSX has become totally non-functional. It turns on, but does not seek/find satellites and will not then turn off. (I have to remove the batteries to turn it off).
          > >
          > > Fearing the worst, I removed the SD card and tried to backup by downloading my waypoints and tracks to MapSource. Mapsource said none of my files were "valid Garmin files". What happened? Can I fix it?
          > >

          > I had the same problem earlier this yeay. Garmin replaced t6he unit.
          >
          > Michael

        • clay_tiller
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
            Actually, all my maps and tracks are on my memory card. (I have a separate card for South Africa, New Zealand, Europe and North America). And yes, I can d/l the data to my all my GIS software and to GPS Utility, which I use for backup. I just can't get the unit to recognize any of the files. Or to turn off.

            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "roybassist" <roybassist@...> wrote:

            > No idea what's up with the unit, but I think the reason you can't download files from your card to MapSource is that the only data recorded by your unit on the card is track logs and they are in .gpx format. MapSource will open them, but I believe it won't import them using the "Receive From Device" dialog.
            >
            > There will not be any waypoints in those files. Waypoints are recorded only in the unit's internal memory.
            >
            > I suppose you have already tried connecting the unit to a USB cable and downloading to MapSource directly from the unit? I guess it doesn't respond?

          • m yuh
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010

              hello

              you could try a reset.....somewhere in your menu  should be a reset  option....

              that should clear things???  just a thought

              Mine is a year and a half old, so they probably won't be so generous with me. But I will try.

              Don

              --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, newsperryman newsperryman <newsperryman@...> wrote:

              > On 18 September 2010 23:41, clay_tiller <dnjgalloway@...> wrote:
              > > All of a sudden, my 60CSX has become totally non-functional. It turns on, but does not seek/find satellites and will not then turn off. (I have to remove the batteries to turn it off).
              > >
              > > Fearing the worst, I removed the SD card and tried to backup by downloading my waypoints and tracks to MapSource. Mapsource said none of my files were "valid Garmin files". What happened? Can I fix it?
              > >

              > I had the same problem earlier this yeay. Garmin replaced t6he unit.
              >
              > Michael

            • David Levine
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 30, 2010
                It is in the manual which is available online at http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GPSMAP60Cx_OwnersManual.pdf if you do a search in the PDF for averaging. In the online manual it is on page 13 and it states:

                Before saving a new waypoint, press the Menu key to open the Options list. Highlight the Average Location option and press Enter to open the Average Location Page. Press Enter to save the location.

                David