60CS Broken Display Cover

  • krobin128
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      Hi All,
      Just dropped my 60CS from a table onto the floor last nite, and broke the plastic cover that goes over the display. What are my options for repair or replacement of the part? I checked with Garmin and they said that it was non-repairable now as it was discontinued. It looks like with the right replacement part and some careful skilss, I could replace it myself. Any ideas?
      Thanks!
    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
        On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM, krobin128 <kmrobin@...> wrote:
        Hi All,
        Just dropped my 60CS from a table onto the floor last nite, and broke the plastic cover that goes over the display. What are my options for repair or replacement of the part? I checked with Garmin and they said that it was non-repairable now as it was discontinued. It looks like with the right replacement part and some careful skilss, I could replace it myself. Any ideas?

        That's not like Garmin.   They offer a flat-rate repair even for discontinued unit.    I'd try again in the hope of getting a more clueful rep.

        ...especially in this case since the shell of the 60CS is almost identical to that of the (not quite discontinued) 60CSx.

        RJL