Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] loose USB connector

  • Auke Koopmans
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7 3:37 AM
      Had the same problem but that was within the warranty period. In my case the USD did not work anymore but still could transfer tracks, etc, through the serial post, Sent it back to Garmin and Got a new unit.

      Best thing is to call Garmin and see what their advice is.

      Cheers,

      Auke

      2009/6/7 Kovacs Peter <kp@...>
      Garmin GPSMAP 60C/60CSHi All,

      The USB connector in my GPSMAP60C got loose: it fits the male connector very
      tightly, and now as I pull out the USB cable, the female socket emerges from
      the level of the GPS plastic case about halfway. It is still working, but I
      am afrain that it wont last long. Is there something I could do with it? Any
      experience anyone? Guarantee is already over of course.

      cheers,
      Peter

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Gary Turner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7 5:34 AM
        I also had that problem. I think that is was within warranty.
        Garmin are definitely aware that it was/is a manufacturing problem.
        Check with them. They may well repair it anyway. Where I am - something like that which is a manufacturing error is not limited by warranty periods. Where you are may be different.

           http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/GarminGPSM AP60C_60CS/ join
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:GarminGPSMAP60C_ 60CS-digest@ yahoogroups. com
           mailto:GarminGPSMAP60C_ 60CS-fullfeature d@yahoogroups. com

           http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      • Ken Steinhoff
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9 8:47 PM
          Same thing happened to mine when it was well out of warranty. They
          said to send it back anyway and they'd fix it for free.

          --

          ken@...
          http://www.palmbeachbiketours.com/
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10 8:24 AM
            YES, they said the same thing when I inquired
            I choose to take it appaer and fix it myself to save the mailing cost and transit time. But then I have that expertise. YMMV.
            It is a mfg/design defect as there isn't enough solder to hold the connector in place on the small PC board it is attached to. Mostly it depends on the frame to PCB solder connection. The circuit connections will break loose easily without the frame connection.