garmin gpsmap60c

  • lingamrama49
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2009
      dear friends,
      Have a 6 year old 60CS, and maybe once or twice a year, my gps would add about 6 miles to the current trip and regular odometer. I use this to calculate my 6 miles a day I walk. I keep a watch on my miles as I walk, so generally notice the addition as soon as it occurrs. But, now, it is adding mileage more often. 8.5 miles was added, then a little while later, a couple more miles. And, a couple more. I try to make sure I'm not in a low reception area. Anyone have this happen? Thanks for any input.
      http\\rangefindecamera.50webs.com
    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2009
        On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM, lingamrama49 <lingamrama49@...> wrote:
        dear friends,
          Have a 6 year old 60CS, and maybe once or twice a year, my gps would add about 6 miles to the current trip and regular odometer.  I use this to calculate my 6 miles a day I walk.  I keep a watch on my miles as I walk, so generally notice the addition as soon as it occurrs.  But, now, it is adding mileage more often.  8.5 miles was added, then a little while later, a couple more miles.  And, a couple more.  I try to  make sure I'm not in a low reception area.  Anyone have this happen?  Thanks for any input.

        The 60CS doesn't have great reception.  When it doesn't have a solid lock, it may "guess" a location tens or even hundreds of yards from the "correct" one.   Pull your track into a mapping program like Google Earth or Mapsource and see if you can locate "zingers" where you suddenly transported a significant distance away and then back.