Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] 60CS Adds Miles

  • Robert Lipe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2009
      On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Boni Pienups <wt7z@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      Have a 6 year old 60CS, and maybe once or twice a year, my gps would add about 6 miles to the current trip and regular odometer.  I use this to calculate my 6 miles a day I walk.  I keep a watch on my miles as I walk, so generally notice the addition as soon as it occurrs.  But, now, it is adding mileage more often.  8.5 miles was added, then a little while later, a couple more miles.  And, a couple more.  I try to  make sure I'm not in a low reception area.  Anyone have this happen?  Thanks for any input.  Boni

      The 60CS was pretty notorious for having less than great reception.  Most likely, your reception was just bad enough for a few moments that you "teleported" to a nearby distance and then back within a few seconds.

      If you load the tracks into your favorite mapping product, do you see wild "zingers" of this type?

      RJL