Re: convert tracks to routes on MAC

  • clarencedold
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 23, 2009
      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Robert Lipe
      <robertlipe@...> wrote:
      > There is no comment field in a Garmin trackpoint; active or otherwise.
      > OP was asking about programs reading the text in the comment field

      I missed the topic drift from "convert tracks" in the subject line.

      I had a camera that synchronized it's time with the PC every time I
      uploaded photos. The PC was in turn synced with internet time.

      I had my GPS tracking during most of my trip where I wanted to geotag
      photos. Later, I compared the time stamp in a "dir /od" listing of the
      photos to timestamped points on the Active Track, sometimes using
      Google Earth to confirm a visual reference.

      Sometimes I made waypoints when I took pictures, but only to mark the
      spot, not specifically for the picture.