Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] How to downgrade 60CSx gps firmware?

  • Amir Findling K9CHP
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8 12:40 PM
      Perhaps the update you did was not 100% as most of us use the latest version without problems, so that's why I suggested re-doing the Webupdate.

      In downgrading, you will lose all settings so anyhow save those before doing anything drastic. Now, maybe you just want to do a master reset of the entire unit and then the Webupdate thing. It might just do the trick.

      As for older files, I know where to find the GPS software but not the chipset.
      73 de K9CHP Amir Findling
      • 73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, WAC
      • www.K9CHP.net
      • Senior K9 Handler, Cayuga County Highland SAR
      • K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of SAR Teams
      • 1st Special Response Group (1SRG)

      Sergio L Barroso wrote:

      Hi,

      Thanks, but Webupdater can only upgrade:

      older version -> newer version

      not downgrade:

      newer version -> older version

      I need to downgrade.

      Regards,
      Sérgio

      On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Amir Findling K9CHP
      <sarlabs@twcny. rr.com> wrote:
      > Try doing the update over with Webupdater, remember to run it twice. See if
      > that helps.
      >
      > 73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, WAC
      > www.K9CHP.net
      > Senior K9 Handler, Cayuga County Highland SAR
      > K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of SAR Teams
      > 1st Special Response Group (1SRG)
      >
      > Sergio L Barroso wrote:
      >
      > Dear all,
      >
      > I have a GPSMap 60CSx.
      >
      > Recently I upgraded the gps chipset firmware from 2.90 to 3.00 (the
      > latest), and the GPS started to loose the satellites signals for short
      > periods for no reason.
      >
      > It looses signal under good receptions conditions, to reaquire it
      > automagically after a few seconds.
      >
      > This strange behaviour started just after I upgraded the gps firmware
      > to version 3.00. Nothing else happened to the device (like chocks,
      > falls, or whatever), that could possibly justify this behavior.
      >
      > The GPS firmware is upgraded automatically by Garmin Webupdater, there
      > is no installer, so I was wondering if someone knows how to manually
      > downgrade the GPS firmware.
      >
      > I would like to downgrade to 2.90 to see if the problem goes away.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sérgio

    • Sergio L Barroso
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8 12:46 PM
        Hi,

        On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Amir Findling K9CHP
        <sarlabs@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps the update you did was not 100% as most of us use the latest version
        > without problems, so that's why I suggested re-doing the Webupdate.

        That's actually possible, but webupdate detects the firmware is
        updated and does nothing.

        > In downgrading, you will lose all settings so anyhow save those before doing
        > anything drastic. Now, maybe you just want to do a master reset of the
        > entire unit and then the Webupdate thing. It might just do the trick.

        Well, I can try that.

        > As for older files, I know where to find the GPS software but not the
        > chipset.

        Yes, that is the problem.

        Regards,
        Sérgio