PC's and the 60C

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      Can the display of the 60C be mirrored onto a PC?

      Is there any PC software that can interface in real time?

      I'd like to also drop graphics onto a waterproof medium from an
      inexpensive printer for my PC

      Thnx

      This group is a great source of information - if I come up with
      something good I'll share it
    • Fred Hoorn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
        Hi,

        There is a program from Garmin (I believe the name is xImageyy.exe;
        yy=version number) that copies the screen of the GPS. For realtime
        you can use the Garmin (free program) nRoute. This uses the Mapsource
        maps that you have installed on your computer.

        Fred

        At 10:16 20-4-2008, you wrote:
        >Can the display of the 60C be mirrored onto a PC?
        >
        >Is there any PC software that can interface in real time?
        >
        >I'd like to also drop graphics onto a waterproof medium from an
        >inexpensive printer for my PC
        >
        >Thnx
      • clarencedold
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
          --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <ecc312@...>
          wrote:

          > Can the display of the 60C be mirrored onto a PC?

          Not real time, but the free program G7toWin can take screen
          snapshots.
          G7toWin http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/

          > Is there any PC software that can interface in real time?

          Several programs will track your location live onto maps in the PC.
          nRoute, ExpertGPS, Microsoft Streets & Trips, and Delorme Street
          Atlas come to mind. I think nRoute is free from Garmin, but the web
          site seems fractured this morning, so I can't check. It might only
          be worthwhile with Gamin MapSource maps, which you probably don't
          have because it's expensive, and the 60C isn't a mapping GPS unit.

          Street Atlas, or Streets&Trips might be more reasonable.

        • sduck409
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
            Just a small correction - the 60c is indeed a mapping gps. I've got
            one with old city select 6 maps on it.

            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "clarencedold" <dold@...>