Back-light inoperative

  • collectorbux
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      My 60C's backlight will not come on with a short press of the top
      button as used to happen. I have changed batteries and checked that
      the backlight option is enabled in the menu. The light slider control
      has no effect through its entire range.
      The rest of the unit is working fine. Is this hardware failure or has
      anyone any information which may help me? Any input would be helpful.
    • GSV Three Minds in a Can
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
        Bitstring <fsvqt6+khua@...>, from the wonderful person
        collectorbux <skybridge@...> said
        >My 60C's backlight will not come on with a short press of the top
        >button as used to happen. I have changed batteries and checked that
        >the backlight option is enabled in the menu. The light slider control
        >has no effect through its entire range.
        >The rest of the unit is working fine. Is this hardware failure or has
        >anyone any information which may help me? Any input would be helpful.

        99% certain it's a hardware failure, so send it back to Garmin for
        repair. You may get lucky, since there's no way it could be caused by
        misuse.

        --
        GSV Three Minds in a Can
        11,020 Km walked. 2,118 Km PROWs surveyed. 38.3% complete.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
          First thing to try is a firmware update and a hard reset. Probably won't
          fix it but worth a try. Otherwise contact GARMIN for repair. Thanks.

          Darrel Goheen
          GPS@...
          http://www.tvnav.com
          Voice 785-625-3546/FAX 413-383-8800