padded carry case questions

  • Mike Maghakian
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2008
      I have the Garmin carry case for the belt for the 60C and it seems to
      be a one size for all and the 60C swims around in there. I don't like
      the included belt clip because there is no protection on the trail.

      Does anyone use anything they can recommend for use on the hiking
      trail ? I want something that attachs to the belt and the 60C can
      easily slide in and out and protects the 60C from being banged up in
      case of a fall or whatever else might happen
    • Robert Lipe
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
        On Jan 24, 2008 12:18 AM, Mike Maghakian <mmaghakian@...> wrote:

        Does anyone use anything they can recommend for use on the hiking
        trail ? I want something that attachs to the belt and the 60C can
        easily slide in and out and protects the 60C from being banged up in
        case of a fall or whatever else might happen

        I've  used Neo-Geo cases from http://www.cartom.virtual-space.com/gps.htm to
        carry mine for years.

      • orvoine@univ-ubs.fr
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
          On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 01:53:15PM -0600, Robert Lipe wrote:
          > On Jan 24, 2008 12:18 AM, Mike Maghakian <mmaghakian@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Does anyone use anything they can recommend for use on the hiking
          > > trail ? I want something that attachs to the belt and the 60C can
          > > easily slide in and out and protects the 60C from being banged up in
          > > case of a fall or whatever else might happen
          >

          > I've used Neo-Geo cases from http://www.cartom.virtual-space.com/gps.htm to
          >
          > carry mine for years.

          and me a gilsson case :
          http://www.gilsson.com/garmin_gps/cases/r60n.htm
          perfect.

          --
          Bertrand Orvoine
        • Henry Marston
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2008
            I use a bar-tender's bottle opener lanyard, which has a convenient clip on the bottle opener.  This goes through the loop in the rubber close to the antenna that takes the supplied hand  lanyard. Came with a duty free non-branded Gin.  Unit doesn't need a cover (it's waterproof) and then in a convenient position.

            This is OK for hiking, but not jogging or running - the rubber loop is too weak.  After it broke, I've used a small keyring strapped to the antenna with an adjustable tie as a substitute, to take the hand lanyard (which I use when running, hand-held).

            Henry