Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] 60CS & NT Maps?

  • Robert Lipe
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2007
      On Nov 25, 2007 10:51 AM, wmk6341 <BillK@...> wrote:
      Along the line of a previous message, can the 60CS use NT maps (City
      Navigator North America NT)?

      No.  Only the "X" strains of te 60C family can use the NT maps.

    • Hermann Bastien
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
        I don't see why not!!!!

        One of the main difference between the cs and csx is the added memory
        slot enabling the gps to carry space for more maps.

        I am sure you can load any maps you want as long as you don't exceed
        the memory capacity. (65meg for the 60cs and 'x' gigs for the 60csx)

        I use to own a 60cs and I was loading 4 different styles of maps in it,
        some autorouting and others not. As far as I know NT8 is just an
        ordinary autorouting map set, I am using it presently in my 60CSX and I
        know it will load in any 60CS.

        Hermann

        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lipe"
        <robertlipe@...> wrote:

        > On Nov 25, 2007 10:51 AM, wmk6341 <BillK@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Along the line of a previous message, can the 60CS use NT maps (City
        > > Navigator North America NT)?
        > >

        > No. Only the "X" strains of te 60C family can use the NT maps.

      • TVNAV.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
          > --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Lipe"
          > <robertlipe@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> On Nov 25, 2007 10:51 AM, wmk6341 <BillK@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> > Along the line of a previous message, can the 60CS use NT maps (City
          >> > Navigator North America NT)?
          >> >

          >> No. Only the "X" strains of te 60C family can use the NT maps.

          I'm pretty sure that the 60CS is compatible with the NT maps however I
          probably wouldn't recommend it with the current larger map segment sizes
          with NT. I'm cc'ing this to GARMIN for confirmation that the NT maps are
          compatible. Thanks.

          Darrel Goheen
          GPS@...
          http://www.tvnav.com
          Voice 785-625-3546/FAX 413-383-8800
          AIM: TVNAVGARMIN
        • Robert Lipe
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
            On Dec 8, 2007 3:21 PM, Hermann Bastien <hermannbastien@...> wrote:
            > I don't see why not!!!!

            http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavnt.jsp - the
            X-nots in this family are not listed.

            > some autorouting and others not. As far as I know NT8 is just an
            > ordinary autorouting map set, I am using it presently in my 60CSX and I
            > know it will load in any 60CS.

            The NT maps use a stronger form of compression. This compression
            requires extra resources (perhaps it's the faster processor, but there
            may be additional hardware involved such as more internal RAM or
            hardware decodes or such) in the GPS.

            The older units like the V, the 2610, and the C-series handhelds
            require the non-NT version.