Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] City Select to Blue Chart

  • Chuck Bernard
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2007

      You may have to "hide" the city select map to be able to see the blue chart map.
      Unfortunately the maps do not overlay each other on this gps.

      If I recall, while viewing the map screen, press menu, then setup map, then scroll over to the maps menu and then press the menu key again to pop up a window where you can select which maps are visible.

      Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong on how to get to the window because I don't have my gps in front of me.

      //Chuck

      On Jul 31, 2007, at 2:56 PM, jamerault wrote:

      Ok - here is a really dumb question. How do I see the Blue Chart Map
      on my 60CS. See City Select Maps fine. BC is unlocked and a single
      chart has been loaded into the 60CS but I do not see, for example, the
      water depth markings or anything else in the water area. Streets are
      showing fine.

      Thx in advance.

      Jim

    • Jim Amerault
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007

        Thx Chuck but I did exactly that and even “turned off” (“show”=unchecked) the street maps so that only the Blue Chart ones were checked and still no display of depth, wrecks, buoys, etc. which I clearly see on the originating map on my laptop.

      • Gary Turner
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007

          I’ve never used (or even seen) bluechart- but I do know there is a marine/land view mode somewhere in the map setup menu. Perhaps you could have a look and see if you can find it – that might do what you want.

          Thx Chuck but I did exactly that and even “turned off” (“show”=unchecked) the street maps so that only the Blue Chart ones were checked and still no display of depth, wrecks, buoys, etc. which I clearly see on the originating map on my laptop.

        • sbeng
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Amerault"
            <j.amerault@...> wrote:

            > Thx Chuck but I did exactly that and even "turned off"
            ("show"=unchecked)
            > the street maps so that only the Blue Chart ones were checked and
            still no
            > display of depth, wrecks, buoys, etc. which I clearly see on the
            originating
            > map on my laptop.

            Be sure you have map "Details" set to the highest setting - I believe
            that is "Most"
          • Burak Reis YAVUZ
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
              Hi all!!

              Pls advise if you have any idea for my problem ;

              I have a Garmin 60 csx gps receiver but i think Tone Sounds are way too low to be heard and noticed while navigating. is there any way of turning up the volume???

              Regards,

              Burak