Copying track files from SD card?

  • Frodo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
      I've got a GPSMAP60CSX with 1gb MicroSD card.

      I sometimes go away backpacking for long periods and I can’t get to a computer for a while.

      I’d like to carry many more than 20 saved tracks with me, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to save them in the SD card and then later on to copy them from the card into the list of 20 saved tracks in internal memory. That way I’d be able to carry an almost unlimited number of saved tracks.

      Does anyone know if it’s possible?

      Thanks

    • GSV Three Minds in a Can
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2007
        Bitstring <563905.29785.qm@...>, from the
        wonderful person Frodo <at99frodo@...> said
        >I've got a GPSMAP60CSX with 1gb MicroSD card.
        >
        > I sometimes go away backpacking for long periods and I can’t get to
        >a computer for a while.
        >
        > I’d like to carry many more than 20 saved tracks with me, and I’m
        >wondering if it’s possible to save them in the SD card and then later
        >on to copy them from the card into the list of 20 saved tracks in
        >internal memory. That way I’d be able to carry an almost unlimited
        >number of saved tracks.

        AFAIK it is not, however it is possible to save each day's track data TO
        the SD card, if you just want to track where you have been. Depends what
        you want to do with them - obviously having them on the SD card won't
        let you 'backtrack' them, but they are available for upload on your PC
        at a later date.

        If you want to carry them FROM the PC, for use as routes or for
        backtracking or whatever, then the thing to do it to turn them into .img
        files ('maps') which can be loaded into the SD card and viewed on the
        screen like any other sort of map. You can also load POI that way.

        btw, you are on the wrong group for csX questions .. and it does matter,
        because what I'm suggesting isn't possible with the basic C/CS models.

        --
        GSV Three Minds in a Can
        8,963 Km walked. 1,746Km PROWs surveyed. 31.7% complete.