60CS Update 4.20

  • ian773039
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2007
      Updated 60CS to firmware 4.2 earlier via WebUpdater.

      All seemed to go well according to the computer.

      Unit then wouldn't start up after the update,nothing,zero,zilch.

      After a call to Garmin Europe and a try at a hard reset,back to Garmin
      its gone.

      It might be my set up or unit or it might not,be warned.

      Ian
    • Bill Knight
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2007
        ian773039 wrote:

        > Updated 60CS to firmware 4.2 earlier via WebUpdater.
        >
        > All seemed to go well according to the computer.
        >
        > Unit then wouldn't start up after the update,nothing,zero,zilch.
        >
        > After a call to Garmin Europe and a try at a hard reset,back to Garmin
        > its gone.
        >
        > It might be my set up or unit or it might not,be warned.
        >
        > Ian

        Has anyone tried and been successful?

        -Bill Knight
        R O SoftWare

        PS - shame they didn't fix the DST issue too.
      • Hardwire
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2007
          Nope, not yet.... I'm waiting also since it does not "look" like any useful features to me...  :-)

          hardwire

          and a try at a hard reset,back to Garmin
          > its gone.
          >
          > It
          might be my set up or unit or it might not,be warned.

          Ian

          Has anyone tried and been successful?

          -Bill Knight
          R O SoftWare

          PS - shame they didn't fix the DST issue too.

        • steve41558
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2007
            I updated my GPSMap60c with firmware 4.2 and it's working fine.
            However, I downloaded the file manually instead of using WedUpdater.

            --Steve

            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "ian773039"
            <i_broadhead@...> wrote:

            > Updated 60CS to firmware 4.2 earlier via WebUpdater.
            >
            > All seemed to go well according to the computer.
            >
            > Unit then wouldn't start up after the update,nothing,zero,zilch.
            >
            > After a call to Garmin Europe and a try at a hard reset,back to Garmin
            > its gone.
            >
            > It might be my set up or unit or it might not,be warned.
            >
            > Ian

          • ka1tiv
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2007
              I updated my 60CS using the Web Updater (for the first time, all
              previous updates were done manually.) I had no problems and it is
              working as advertised.

              Mark

              --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "steve41558"
              <steve41558@...> wrote:

              > I updated my GPSMap60c with firmware 4.2 and it's working fine.
              > However, I downloaded the file manually instead of using WedUpdater.
              >
              > --Steve
              >

              > --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "ian773039"
              > <i_broadhead@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Updated 60CS to firmware 4.2 earlier via WebUpdater.
              > >
              > > All seemed to go well according to the computer.
              > >
              > > Unit then wouldn't start up after the update,nothing,zero,zilch.
              > >
              > > After a call to Garmin Europe and a try at a hard reset,back to Garmin
              > > its gone.
              > >
              > > It might be my set up or unit or it might not,be warned.
              > >
              > > Ian

            • Ray Mutzel
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2007
                DITTO for me. I just did it a few minutes ago with no problems.

                Ray

                On Friday 18:16 5/4/2007 -0400, ka1tiv wrote:
                >I updated my 60CS using the Web Updater (for the first time, all
                >previous updates were done manually.) I had no problems and it is
                >working as advertised.
                >
                >Mark

              • Martin Basiszta
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                  Probably a stupid question, but do you have to download a new
                  Webupdater everytime you want to download an update?

                  Do you keep you new update is a separate folder with the Webupdater
                  you are going to be using?

                  Thanks, Marty

                  --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Ray Mutzel
                  <rcmutzel@...> wrote:

                  > DITTO for me. I just did it a few minutes ago with no problems.
                  >
                  > Ray
                  >
                  > On Friday 18:16 5/4/2007 -0400, ka1tiv wrote:
                  > >I updated my 60CS using the Web Updater (for the first time, all
                  > >previous updates were done manually.) I had no problems and it is
                  > >working as advertised.
                  > >
                  > >Mark
                • Ray Mutzel
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                    Not a stupid ? at all !!!! :-)

                    According to their instructions, this new up dater is a regular
                    continuous use one. We'll see, eh. I don't think that it much
                    matters where you store the downloaded file as long as you remember
                    where it is in case you need to use it again

                    Ray

                    On Saturday 12:49 5/5/2007 +0000, Martin Basiszta wrote:
                    >Probably a stupid question, but do you have to download a new
                    >Webupdater everytime you want to download an update?
                    >
                    >Do you keep you new update is a separate folder with the Webupdater
                    >you are going to be using?
                    >
                    >Thanks, Marty
                    >
                    >--- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Ray Mutzel
                    ><rcmutzel@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > DITTO for me. I just did it a few minutes ago with no problems.
                    > >
                    > > Ray
                    > >
                    > > On Friday 18:16 5/4/2007 -0400, ka1tiv wrote:
                    > > >I updated my 60CS using the Web Updater (for the first time, all
                    > > >previous updates were done manually.) I had no problems and it is
                    > > >working as advertised.
                    > > >
                    > > >Mark

                    >--
                    >5/4/2007 5:49 PM