Re: 60CSX "Dual Position Display Mode"

  • Hermann Bastien
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
      Hi Sergio,

      Logically this dual position display mode should refer to the fact
      that when you look at your gps in the map page position the display
      can be switched to show the map only or the map and up to 4 data
      field, the same is valid for the compass page except that you have a
      choice, 3 or 4 data fields.

      Hermann

      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio L Barroso"
      <nqnnospam@...> wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > At the Garmin GPSMap60CSx specifications page:
      >
      > http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap60csx/index.jsp
      >
      > one reads:
      >
      > " ...; dual-position display mode"
      >
      > Does anybody know what means "dual-position display mode"? I
      suppose
      > this would allow to rotate the GPS screen, and use the GPS in the
      > horizontal position.
      >
      > I browsed all the menus and options in the GPS (well, I have one
      > 60CSX), read all the manual, but could not find anything related to
      > this feature.
      >
      > Does someone have more information about this?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Sergio

    • Tony
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2006
        Yes, I believe you're correct - it refers to 2 different position formats - it was discussed on the NZ GPS Society forum after a firmware update to version 4.10 earlier in the year:  forums.gps.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2175

        The feature has not been well documented or implemented - there's plenty of room on the screen for the GPS to display the actual format beside each position.  Page 93 of the manual (Data Field Definitions) has a brief explanation.