2 gb card

  • Chere
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Just got a csx and have been reading the forum; ready to increase the
      micro sd card and am wondering if a 2 gb card will work. It seems
      most are buying 1 gb.
      Thanks for the info,
      Chere
    • realrawbrt
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        I bought the 2GB microSD card from Verizon after a few here suggested
        it. No problems...I'm able to load tons of maps, waypoints and tracks.

        --Robert

        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "Chere" <athey12@...> wrote:

        > Just got a csx and have been reading the forum; ready to increase the
        > micro sd card and am wondering if a 2 gb card will work. It seems
        > most are buying 1 gb.
        > Thanks for the info,
        > Chere

      • Chere Athey
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
          I tried to purchase a 2 g microSD card from Amazon on 9/1, never received it.  After inquiring, I was told by EMartBuy ltd there was a recall on them and I can't find them anywhere to purchase.  They're listed on SanDisk's site but not for purchase.  Any thoughts? Thanks.

          realrawbrt <robvelez@...> wrote:
          I bought the 2GB microSD card from Verizon after a few here suggested
          it. No problems...I' m able to load tons of maps, waypoints and tracks.

          --Robert

          --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_ 60CS@yahoogroups .com, "Chere" <athey12@... > wrote:

          > Just got a csx and have been reading the forum; ready to increase the
          > micro sd card and am wondering if a 2 gb card will work. It seems
          > most are buying 1 gb.
          > Thanks for the info,
          > Chere

        • annoyedone
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Chere Athey <athey12@...>
            wrote:

            > I tried to purchase a 2 g microSD card from Amazon on 9/1, never
            > received it.

            Perhaps because, as previously posted, Verizon Wireless has an
            exclusivity agreement to sell them in the US until Oct 1st or thereabouts.

            "...debut in the U.S. exclusively at 1,900 Verizon Wireless stores for
            the next 60 days."

            http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/PressRoom/PressReleases/PressRelease.aspx?ID=3497

            Verizon Wireless shows the cards on their website but don't (and never
            did) show availability.

            (scroll to the bottom of the page)
            http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=accessoryMart&action=viewAccessoriesByPhone&selectedPhoneId=2426&make=LG&model=Chocolate™

            I got my 2GB card, back on Aug 1st, from a local Verizon Wireless
            retail store.
          • Kevin Cutts
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
              I think someone mentioned that Verizon had the exclusive right to sell the 2 gig card for some period of time. Then the cards will become available from other sources. So I'd guess that EMart 'recalled' them because they weren't permitted to sell them. And SanDisk would never violate the agreement they have with Verizon. So for a while, you can only get them from Verizon. (I'd be surprised if the agreement extended more than six months so I bet it expires soon.)

              realrawbrt <robvelez@gmail. com> wrote:

              I bought the 2GB microSD card from Verizon after a few here suggested
              it. No problems...I' m able to load tons of maps, waypoints and tracks.

              --Robert

              --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_ 60CS@yahoogroups .com, "Chere" <athey12@... > wrote:

              > Just got a csx and have been reading the forum; ready to increase the
              > micro sd card and am wondering if a 2 gb card will work. It seems
              > most are buying 1 gb.
              > Thanks for the info,
              > Chere

            • Chere Athey
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2006
                VERY interesting... thanks everyone.

                --- Kevin Cutts <ckc006@...> wrote:

                > I think someone mentioned that Verizon had the exclusive right to sell the 2
                > gig card for some period of time. Then the cards will become available from
                > other sources. So I'd guess that EMart 'recalled' them because they weren't
                > permitted to sell them. And SanDisk would never violate the agreement they
                > have with Verizon. So for a while, you can only get them from Verizon. (I'd
                > be surprised if the agreement extended more than six months so I bet it
                > expires soon.)

                === message truncated ===