60cxs software bugs (?)

  • GSV Three Minds in a Can
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Two more for someone to confirm or deny ..

      1) When you average a waypoint, the estimated accuracy seems to be based
      only on the EPE and the number of samples. The actual sample values are
      not used. I.e. you could have 99 samples with a position 100km away
      from the current point, and still have a reported accuracy of 2m.

      Demo - just set it to 'averaging' and then keep walking. The 'estimated
      accuracy' gets better and better even though the 'averaged' position is
      moving at several m/sec, and never stabilises at all.

      2) I'm almost convinced that the SIRFstar firmware won't lock on any
      WAAS satellite if it isn't sending ranging data. For the last several
      days EGNOS claims PRN120 has been sending the right correction messages,
      but all I get is (briefly!) hollow bars.

      Demo - hard to prove a negative, but has anyone EVER seen a 60CX/CSX
      lock onto a WAAS?EGNOS satellite with not ranging data (hollow bars
      only) and use the differential correction data?

      --
      GSV Three Minds in a Can
      Google may be your friend, but groups.google.com posters definitely aren't.