quickie repair of Power backlight, top button / photos

  • espritdeme
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hello 60 series gang,

      I have posted photos of my quickie repair of the top button.

      1)Please note you do not need to take the screws out of the back of
      the unit,unless you have trouble prying up the rubber protector.

      2)I may recomend leaving the unit in the sun to heat up the glue
      holding the rubber on, I did not.

      3)My rubber protector had been "holed" due to pressing too hard on
      the button so I removed it(CUT OUT). If yours is not, you could cut
      off the old plunger "flush" and build your new plunger to suit. You
      would not see the new plunger from the outside as the old rubber
      would be in place. This would be a great fix and would help maintain
      watertight integrity.

      4)You could slip the rubber back on and test for a few times. When
      the time is right you could reseal the rubber with some gooop.
      Silicone, or Hot glue, good

      5)I think my plunger was fabricated out of a Q tip shaft or superglue
      spout or something like that, (do not report me to company G please)

      Have fun
      Don

      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "espritdeme"