Re: New 60CSx has no map

  • rharvey422
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "M.Basiszta"
      <mbasiszta@...> wrote:

      > G'day Wolfgang,
      > I did check that. It is a brand new GPS and the MicroSD
      memory card is also new. It seats real well with a little lip and a
      small but perceptible 'click'.

      I experienced a similar problem with a new 1 gb card. Releasing the
      card, then clicking it back in brought the maps back, but only for
      short periods of time. On this one day while hiking, it happened a
      half dozen times. When I got home, I sprayed the card contacts with
      contact cleaner and the issue has not yet shown up again. Its been a
      month. The contact cleaner I used was something I bought over 40 years
      ago (amazing that it still sprays). It was intended for cleaning
      switch contacts on old TV tuners. I suspect that alcohol applied with
      a cotton swab would also work.

      Bob