Memory

  • kl7rs
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2004
      Has anyone heard if Garmin intends to produce a GPS similar to the
      60c that can have it's memory expanded by using SD Cards?

      It just seems crazy for them to limit their customers to 54mb. The
      60c would have been an awesome product if it would accept a SD Card.
    • gregf
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2004
        havent heard anything, but if Garmin is listening, they'd OWN the
        ENTIRE market if they offered that one. I'd sell my 60C and buy the
        new in a heartbeat!

        Hey Garmin!! Lets get a 60C with an SD card slot!

        Greg

        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "kl7rs"
        <uthrashit@h...> wrote:
        > Has anyone heard if Garmin intends to produce a GPS similar to the
        > 60c that can have it's memory expanded by using SD Cards?
        >
        > It just seems crazy for them to limit their customers to 54mb.
        The
        > 60c would have been an awesome product if it would accept a SD
        Card.
      • R Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2004
          At last I heard they had no plans of using expandable memory on
          handheld GPS's. Garmin is going to use built memory for reliability
          purposes I heard. As time goes by I am sure the public demand will
          make them rethink this. The Ipaq 3600 that is a PDA and GPS is the
          only one made now by Garmin that uses SD cards. Maybe theres a patent
          thing here that Magellan has on SD memory on handheld GPS's?

          wrote:
          > Has anyone heard if Garmin intends to produce a GPS similar to the
          > 60c that can have it's memory expanded by using SD Cards?
          >
          > It just seems crazy for them to limit their customers to 54mb. The
          > 60c would have been an awesome product if it would accept a SD Card.
        • roma2000GP
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004
            That's an excellent point you made since I had similar issues and
            decided to go for the ique 3600.

            What about also selling the maps that one needs only, rather than
            buying a $320 European Map or a $120 North America when I will
            probabily never be in Montana or Texas, nor in Finland or Portugal??

            (this would also save some memory since at times part of maps that
            you do not need are inevitably loaded into the unit.)

            In any case, I would have bought the 60CS over the iQue 3600 if 60CS
            came with SD cards too.

            Hope Garmin is reading...
            Luca

            Garmin, if you are reading this make