Re: Whats the best price for a 60CS found on Internet by you?

  • ivan4741
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
      How does $384.95 at http://www.gpscity.com/ sound.

      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "R Moore"
      <rockyriver@m...> wrote:
      > The best I found was TigerGPS at $418.68 with $18 shipping to me.
      > The next in line was TVNAV $420.00 with no mention of shipping cost
      > 2nd day.
      > The Gps store was $429.95 with 12.95 shipping
      > GPS City is $429.95 with free shipping that is probabley 3 day or
      > more.
      > I live at 28215 zip code, and I found that shipping makes the units
      > close to the same price.
      > Anyone have a dealer I did not mention?
    • GPS Dude
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
        Actually, the price ivan4741 quoted of $384.95 (at www.gpscity.com) was for
        the 60C model, not the 60CS model. They are selling the 60CS for $429.95

        GPS Dude
        moderator

        > The best I found was TigerGPS at $418.68 with $18 shipping to me.
        > The next in line was TVNAV $420.00 with no mention of shipping cost
        > 2nd day.
        > The Gps store was $429.95 with 12.95 shipping
        > GPS City is $429.95 with free shipping that is probabley 3 day or
        > more.
        > I live at 28215 zip code, and I found that shipping makes the units
        > close to the same price.
        > Anyone have a dealer I did not mention?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • scottd9000
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
          > How does $384.95 at http://www.gpscity.com/ sound.

          It sounds like you are quoting the price for the 60C not the
          60CS..... The 60CS is currently priced at $429 at GPSCity. Anyone
          tried the "I found a lower price link on gpscity"?
        • briandavidallen
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
            Sorry you read it wrong.

            That is the price for a GPSMAP 60C.

            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "ivan4741"
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
              <ivan4741@y...> wrote:
              > How does $384.95 at http://www.gpscity.com/ sound.

              Sounds like the 60C not the 60CS.... :)
            • mgendell98
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                Sounds like that's the price for a 60C, not the 60CS.

                The best price I've seen is $409.95 from cyber-marine.com plus around
                $10 for UPS ground shipping.

              • jt_johnson@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                  >How does $384.95 at http://www.gpscity.com/ sound.

                  That price at GPSCity is for the 60C, not the 60CS.

                  --
                  Jim Johnson
                  Vancouver, WA
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                    Is this board moderated? Took a few hours for my post to show up?
                    If it is moderated please turn that feature off there is no reason
                    for it in a GPS discussion group.
                  • GPS Dude
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                      Hi Scott...

                      Yes, this board is moderated, but that will change. I have asked Edward
                      (the owner) to change it to "moderate only new users" which means that news
                      users will be moderated until they have their first message approved. Until
                      Edward makes that change, expect a slight delay in your postings.

                      I would make that change but I am only a wee-moderator!

                      Scott Robuck
                      GPS Dude
                      mederator

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                        I was able to unmoderate most members that have previously posted to the
                        group. If you have previously posted to this group then your posts should
                        show up more quickly now.

                        Scott Robuck
                        GPS Dude
                        moderator

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                          Re: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] Re: Whats the best price for a 60CS found on Internet by you? I post all the time.  I have send no effect, but I would not expect a change until the demand and supply balances out.

                          - Brian Allen

                          _____________________

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                            Sorry about that slipup :-(
                            ============================
                            --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "GPS Dude" <gpsdude@r...>
                            wrote:
                            > Actually, the price ivan4741 quoted of $384.95 (at www.gpscity.com)
                            was for
                            > the 60C model, not the 60CS model. They are selling the 60CS for
                            $429.95

                            > GPS Dude
                            > moderator

                          • Jon Biddell
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                              And, on the off-chance that you might want one in Australia when
                              they are available next month, they will be $1074 RRP from
                              www.gme.net.au - that translates into $USD829 - the US price is
                              $AUD557 plus shipping...

                              Given that the base maps are probably the same as the USA ones, I
                              know where I'll probably buy !!!

                              "semper in excreto es sed profundum variat"

                              -=> price for a 60CS found on Internet by you?
                              -=>
                              -=> Actually, the price ivan4741 quoted of $384.95 (at
                              -=> www.gpscity.com) was for the 60C model, not the 60CS model.
                              -=> They are selling the 60CS for $429.95
                              -=>
                              -=> GPS Dude
                              -=> moderator
                              -=>
                              -=>
                              -=>
                              -=> for a 60CS found on Internet by you?
                              -=>
                              -=> How does $384.95 at http://www.gpscity.com/ sound.
                              -=> ==============================================
                              -=>
                              -=>
                              -=> <rockyriver@m...> wrote:
[...]
                              -=> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                              -=>
                              -=> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 2, 2004
                                Even better price at http://www.getfeetwet.com/

                                The Garmin GPSMAP 60cs is listed at $415, but they give you $20 off
                                that price for pre-ordering.

                                You must enter PREORDER in the coupon code field and hit link next to
                                it.

                                I just placed my order at $395 plus 12.50 shipping.

                                Oh, you get a free Garmin Navigator Cap! Weeee!

                                Great!!

                                --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Brian Allen
                                <BrianAllen@H...> wrote:
                                > I just did a Froogle search with ³60cs² and found these.
                                >
                                > $409.00 - WMJ Marine - Marine Electronics shipping : free
                                >
                                > $412.49 - 1-866 Get A GPS - Marine Electronics shipping : ?
                                >
                                > $421.95 - Computers4SURE - GPS & Navigation shipping : free
                                >

                                > From: "R Moore" <rockyriver@m...>
                                > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:07:57 -0000
                                > To: GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com
                                > Subject: [GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS] Whats the best price for a 60CS
                                found on
                                > Internet by you?
                                >
                                > The best I found was TigerGPS at $418.68 with $18 shipping to me.
                                > The next in line was TVNAV $420.00 with no mention of shipping cost
                                > 2nd day.
                                > The Gps store was $429.95 with 12.95 shipping
                                > GPS City is $429.95 with free shipping that is probabley 3 day or
                                > more.
                                > I live at 28215 zip code, and I found that shipping makes the units
                                > close to the same price.
                                > Anyone have a dealer I did not mention?
                              • dditch66
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 3, 2004
                                  http://gulfcoastmarinesupplies.com/

                                  http://www.brokenlegdave.com

                                  I just recieved my 60CS, Bluecharts and Automotive navigation kit
                                  from Brokenlegdave.

                                  <rockyriver@m...> wrote:
                                  > The best I found was TigerGPS at $418.68 with $18 shipping to me.
                                  > The next in line was TVNAV $420.00 with no mention of shipping cost
                                  > 2nd day.
                                  > The Gps store was $429.95 with 12.95 shipping
                                  > GPS City is $429.95 with free shipping that is probabley 3 day or
                                  > more.
                                  > I live at 28215 zip code, and I found that shipping makes the units
                                  > close to the same price.
                                  > Anyone have a dealer I did not mention?
                                • cpu_nut
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 3, 2004
                                    So how well does the flux gate compass work? Do you have to hold it
                                    level like the other Garmin GPSs? So are you a beta tester or
                                    someone who works for www.brokenlegdave.com? Everyone else is still
                                    showing a March 12 ship date ;-)

                                    Craig

                                    --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "dditch66"

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 3, 2004
                                      Ooops,
                                      My bad, I have a 60C. Memory lag, was just talking to someone who
                                      had ordered but not recieved the 60CS

                                      brokenlegdave had called me right after I had ordered it and said
                                      that he did not have any yet and did not know when they were
                                      shipping. Later that day I got an email saying it was shipped cause
                                      they just came in. It was that morning that I had noticed the Garmin
                                      site saying "Now shipping". I notice that the 60CS still says "1st
                                      Quarter 2004"

                                      David

                                      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "cpu_nut"