Map Question

  • cgarneau2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
      I use all 56MB of the memory for maps made up of about 50 Canada
      Topographic maps of Southern Ontario and six area maps from City
      Select North America that covers part of the same area as the topo maps.

      Here is my dilemna. I use the CS maps to route to a search location
      but when I get to the search location I want to disable the CS maps
      and use the topo maps. When I go into the Map Setup, I have to
      cursor down through all of the topo maps before I reach the CS maps.
      I guess that is the order they are loaded into the GPS. This is a
      time consuming pain.

      Is there a better way??

      Hope I explained this right.

      Chuck Garneau
      Bloodhound Search Team
      Georgian Bay Volunteer Search and Rescue
    • Roy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "cgarneau2001"
        <bloodhounds@r...> wrote:
        > I use the CS maps to route to a search location
        > but when I get to the search location I want to disable the CS maps
        > and use the topo maps. When I go into the Map Setup, I have to
        > cursor down through all of the topo maps before I reach the CS maps.
        > I guess that is the order they are loaded into the GPS. This is a
        > time consuming pain.
        >
        > Is there a better way??

        Yes. Go to the Map Setup page you have been using, but press MENU.
        The menu that pops up at this point should offer "Hide City Select
        North America" as an option. Select that, and the topo maps should be
        visible, unless you previously turned them off for some reason. If
        you did, you can use the "Show All" option on that same menu to turn
        them back on, then hide the City Select maps.
      • cgarneau2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
          Problem solved. Thanks Roy.