route avoidances?

  • Ted Timmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      From the new 6.7 version:

      * Added route road and area avoidances. To access avoidances, select
      “Manage Route Avoidances” on the Routing tab of the preferences dialog.
      Once avoidances are created, they are displayed on the main map, if
      appropriate, for the current map product.

      What are route advoidances? Can they be downloaded to the 60, or is it
      only for routes created in mapsource?

      -ted
    • luggageandleather
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        After downloding the new version, it won't open on my laptop. Anyone
        else experience this?

        --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, Ted Timmons <ted@p...>
        wrote:
        > From the new 6.7 version:
        >
        > * Added route road and area avoidances. To access avoidances,
        select
        > "Manage Route Avoidances" on the Routing tab of the preferences
        dialog.
        > Once avoidances are created, they are displayed on the main map,
        if
        > appropriate, for the current map product.
        >
        > What are route advoidances? Can they be downloaded to the 60, or is
        it
        > only for routes created in mapsource?
        >
        > -ted
      • annoyedone
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          wrote:

          > What are route advoidances?

          Exactly that. You can define either roads to be avoided and/or entire
          areas (blocks).

          > Can they be downloaded to the 60, or is it only for routes created
          > in mapsource?

          Only for MapSource (and perhaps the next version of nRoute).