Re: Bluetooth support

  • cyrillianfangor
    Message 1 of 54 , May 6, 2005
      David,

      My research turned up the same two sources you cite :) I've just put
      in an order with PC-Mobile. If you're still interested, we can
      revisit your question in 2-3 weeks after I've had a chance to tinker
      with my now "bluetooth enabled" GPS 60.

      Dan

      --- In GarminGPSMAP60C_60CS@yahoogroups.com, "David Levine"
      <david_yahoo@l...> wrote:
      > I posted this to the 76CS group but since the devices/connections
      are the
      > same, and folks here don't necessarily subscribe to the 76 group, I
      figured
      > I'd post here too.
      >
      > I got a Pocket PC (iPaq rx3715) which has built-in wifi and
      bluetooth. I,
      > have a 76CS which of course doesn't have bluetooth support.
      >
      > It's more of a fun thing, then a necessity, since the 76CS does
      what I need,
      > but I did some searching and came up with 2 solutions for adding
      bluetooth
      > (BT) to a 76CS. I was wondering if anyone has tried them or knows
      of other
      > solutions:
      >
      > 1) http://www.semsons.com/bluetcarchar3.html is a car power adapter
      that
      > supplies bluetooth but only while you are in the car. It has the
      advantage
      > of also providing power to the 76CS as well as the BT device.
      >
      > 2) http://pc-mobile.net/bta.htm is a more portable unit that runs
      on 2AA
      > batteries. It would allow you to take the device with you but when
      connected
      > to the GPS, you can't power the GPS, so that's a downside if you
      wanted to
      > use it in your vehicle.
      >
      > Anyone have experience with either or know of additional bluetooth
      > solutions?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > David
    • Doug
      Message 54 of 54 , Jun 4, 2005
        I also have the BE130 for my 60CS.  At first I didn't care for the fact that the buttons were covered by plastic, but after using it for a few weeks found that it really doesn't cause a problem.  However, I agree, having to remove the case every time you want to plug into the USB is kind of a pain.  Hopefully in the future, the design will be changed to accommodate the USB port.  In my opinion, the case is very good quality.

        stealth88 <extra2320@...> wrote:
        I just received the Model - BE130 Sharskin case for my 60CS and I
        really like it so far, except that I wish there was a way to access the
        USB connector without removing the case.  The case fits very snugly, so
        it's difficult to get it half off to plug in the USB connector which I
        will probably be doing quite often.

        Still, I'm happy with the case so far and a protective case is
        certainly an essential accessory for an expensive piece of hardware
        like this.

        http://mail.yahoo.com