Bluetooth support

  • David Levine
    Message 1 of 54 , May 1, 2005
      I posted this to the 76CS group but since the devices/connections are the
      same, and folks here don't necessarily subscribe to the 76 group, I figured
      I'd post here too.

      I got a Pocket PC (iPaq rx3715) which has built-in wifi and bluetooth. I,
      have a 76CS which of course doesn't have bluetooth support.

      It's more of a fun thing, then a necessity, since the 76CS does what I need,
      but I did some searching and came up with 2 solutions for adding bluetooth
      (BT) to a 76CS. I was wondering if anyone has tried them or knows of other
      solutions:

      1) http://www.semsons.com/bluetcarchar3.html is a car power adapter that
      supplies bluetooth but only while you are in the car. It has the advantage
      of also providing power to the 76CS as well as the BT device.

      2) http://pc-mobile.net/bta.htm is a more portable unit that runs on 2AA
      batteries. It would allow you to take the device with you but when connected
      to the GPS, you can't power the GPS, so that's a downside if you wanted to
      use it in your vehicle.

      Anyone have experience with either or know of additional bluetooth
      solutions?

      Thanks!
      David
    • Doug
      Message 54 of 54 , Jun 4, 2005
        I also have the BE130 for my 60CS.  At first I didn't care for the fact that the buttons were covered by plastic, but after using it for a few weeks found that it really doesn't cause a problem.  However, I agree, having to remove the case every time you want to plug into the USB is kind of a pain.  Hopefully in the future, the design will be changed to accommodate the USB port.  In my opinion, the case is very good quality.

        stealth88 <extra2320@...> wrote:
        I just received the Model - BE130 Sharskin case for my 60CS and I
        really like it so far, except that I wish there was a way to access the
        USB connector without removing the case.  The case fits very snugly, so
        it's difficult to get it half off to plug in the USB connector which I
        will probably be doing quite often.

        Still, I'm happy with the case so far and a protective case is
        certainly an essential accessory for an expensive piece of hardware
        like this.

        http://mail.yahoo.com